With everything I do, I always try to push myself to do better or challenage myself to do more outside of my box. One of the best advice I got from "hair dad" (Christophe), keep following the best of the best to push your ability to do more like hair artists like Julien dys, who travels, draws out his hair inspiration and makes it come to life! Then there's other artists like Euegene Souleiman who definitely creates hair art. And we can't forget Orlando pita, Laurant Phillipon and Sam McNight who has done amazing shows as well. (And of course in Christophe French lingo lol )
So now when I travel, whatever I see I try to key in ideas to influence my work.
Whenever I go to Hawaii, I always leave with that Hawaiian golden glow. In this photoshoot, I REALLY wanted to capture that feeling.
So I used a lot of golden and copper tones on her eyes and her cheeks and including her highlighting areas. Eyeshadows from urban decay pallets, Anastacisa's contour kit, glow kit and brow wax. I couldn't find my white eyeliner so I improvised and used a MAC lipstick for her eyeliner. It was a little difficult but because it was matte and it worked just fine. For the lashes, I used the KISS brand individual lashes and what I loved about their individual lashes is how thick the band and how natural looking they are.
- BLOWDRY. To calm down her texture, a few sprays of FLUIDISSME (kerastace) from each side aiming mid-shaft to ends and round brush straight with towel dried hair. TENSION IS KEY!!
- FIND YOUR PART. Use your tail comb and duck bill clips to have clean lines for your part!
- BRAIDING ACTION. Before starting your braid, spray a mist of STYLING LOTION (bumble&bumble) to keep your braids polished. Braid 2 different braids down your part and stop after an inch to do a twist and continue to another inch and twist. REPEAT till you reach the round of the head.
- KERASTACE FLUIDISSME: Helps remove the frizz as I blow out her texture.
- ORIBE SOFT LACQUER: Holds and keeps moisture in her hair as I flat iron each section.
- BUMBLE&BUMBLE STYLING LOTION: Keeps a slight hold and texture.
- BUMBLE&BUMBLE HOLDING SPRAY: For sleek hold without the dusty flakey side effects.
- BUMBLE&BUMBLE TONIC: helps remove product and my favorite prep spray for undercuts, line ups, fades and my freshly done bleach and tones!